Friday, September 10, 2010

#37 Propeller IPA - Halifax, NS, Canada

I just had to run out and grab another local brew after the feedback I received from my last review, this time around I have the Propeller India Pale Ale. In true IPA style this beer has nice orange-gold color to it smells very strongly of hops as soon as I started the pour with very little head. The taste follows suit with a strong taste of hops, a little sweet, a bit of malt and small hints of citrus finishing off with one of the most pleasing bitter tastes I've had so far! Very happy I picked this one up and will definitely invest in a growler or five from the brewery. 5/5!


IBU's- 68
Hops- Warrior, Amarillo.
Malts- Pale, Crystal, Wheat.
Water- Soft
Colour-  3.9°L

2 comments:

  1. This is easily the best beer you've reviewed so far, and I'm impressed that you rated it so highly. This is probably the best locally bottled beer in Nova Scotia. You may want to take a trip to Premiere Wine and Spirits to check out the beers from Rogues (Oregon). Also Red Racer IPA( from BC) should be investigated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, i'll definitely check that place out hopefully in the near future!

    ReplyDelete