Friday, September 3, 2010

#34 Big Rock Grasshopper - Alberta, Canada

Just picked up a 6pack of Grasshopper by Big Rock Brewry in Calgary, Alberta. Grasshopper is a wheat beer, weighing in at 5%alc./vol and for all its worth is pretty standard Canadian beer. 

Style: Wheat Ale
Colour: Golden Yellow
Key Ingredients: Three types of pale and wheat malts
Character: Light on the plate, yet packed with glavor and aroma, European hop aroma, with fruity or citrusy notes.
Source:http://www.bigrockbeer.com/#/beer/grasshopper

There was nothing perticularly wrong with this beer but there was nothing particularly special or different about this beer either. I will give it a modest 3/5.




3 comments:

  1. Hey Joe!

    I tried grasshopper a while back. Thought it was the most disgusting beer I've ever had.

    You're tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What up Jeff! Too each their own I guess, hah. we should definitely have a few brew sometimes though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely. I'm actually moving back to the city on Wednesday. I have a job with RBC in Porters Lake (outside of Halifax). I'm gonna be moving to your old building with my girlfriend actually.

    I would love to go try some random beers with you, just so you know. We should make a Saturday of it sometime!

    ReplyDelete