Monday, August 8, 2011

Seaport Beer Fest!

I survived the Beer on The Pier / Halifax Beer Fest or whatever name you want to give it and what a good time it was trying out all the different kinds of beer I could in the 2 hours we were there. Now unfortunately I can't get an in depth review of all the beers I got to try but I did scribble them down and gave them a rating as I went along as well as some side notes. This also proved to be a difficult task however as the taste buds got tired the further along we got.

Here's the official list:


  1. Picaroon's - Irish Red - 3/5
  2. Schnitzer Brau Organic -  This was a gluton-free beer but in my opinion this beer's aroma and taste were just off. Not to mention the beer was quite warm when pored for me. - 1.5/5
  3. Flying Monkeys Brewry - Smashbomb Atomic IPA - Very good IPA as I love my IPA's - 4.5/5
  4. HARP Lager - Very light and refreshing, crisp - 3.5/5
  5. Krombacher Pils - 4/5
  6. Stutz Cider - n/a - I felt like giving this local cider a try, it was nice, light and refreshing as you'd assume in the warm summer heat.
  7. Acadie-broue Brune - As an Acadian myself I was excited to see this here. Was a dark beer with a mixture of Grapefruit and Choclate, not bad. - 3.5/5
  8. Spearhead Brewing - Hawaiian style pale ale - Infused with pineapples - 4/5
  9. Pumphouse - Thai wheat - 2/5
  10. Pumphouse - S.O.B. - 3.5/5
  11. Brouweri Huyghe - Fruli Strawberry Ale - This one is running a fine line between hard juice and beer but very tasty nonetheless, if you like fruit flavored beer this is a must try - 4/5
  12. Gahan House Pub & Brewery - Island Red Amber - 3/5
  13. L'abrie de la Tempete - Corps Mort - This one was a smokey barleywine that was unamously dubbed "Bacon Beer" by a lot of the people who tried it and I'l have to agree. Who doesn't like Bacon? 4/5
  14. Picaroon's Summer Ale - 3/5

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joe,
    Looks like they gave you the shitty Pumphouse beers. Next time around, try Pumphouse Cadian Ale or Pumhouse Blueberry Ale, two of my favorites!

    François

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had about 8 Pumphouse there, I just picked the S.O.B. as it looked like something I might like. My friend had the thai wheat which neither of us liked. Il definitely give a try to the Cadian Cream Ale at some point.

    ReplyDelete