Wednesday, August 24, 2011

#91 Acme California India Pale Ale

The bright red label on this and the name ACME just caught my eye. Thought to myself if the Wile E. Coyote was to drink a beer, this would probably be it!

This IPA is brewed by North Coast Brewing Company. It pours a hazy light amber colour with a small white head that stays for quite some time. The aroma is hints of hops, caramel and orange citrus. The taste following close behind with orange mixed with a hint of toffee typed flavour and a nice hoppy but not so bitter finish, a decent of dry hops and sweet malts. For an IPA this was quite mild in bitterness, which is ok if your not one for in-your-face type hops, but I prefer my beer hoppy. For a 6.50% ABV Am IPA this was about average for me.
3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment