Monday, May 9, 2011

#74 Keith's Tartan Ale

How's everyone been? Its been a while... Took a few month's off to do a little more of the drinking beer and a little less of the reviewing beer but I'm back! Ive also been scoping out new designs for the site but more on that at a later time... Time to review!

Now Ive been slammed a couple time's on my Keith's reviews by some unnamed critics but truth is as far as macro brews go I do like my Keith's. When I was first made aware that they had a new limited release brew master's special Keith's tartan ale I was excited to give it a try.

This beer is a Scottish style ale that has a golden brown copper color to it with a small white head to it. The aroma is not very strong but is sweet in nature. The taste is actually one of the best for a macro brew, a little bit sweet caramel, touch of smokiness and a little malty and very smooth. It is quite carbonated but that is my preference. At 6.1% ABV and a high drinkability with a light, smooth taste this was one of my favorite go-to beers for the last little while.

Rating: 4 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Justin d'EntremontJune 17, 2011 at 7:38 AM

    I loved this beer, i was sad to see it go so soon. I think Keith's should bring it back. It is probably my new favorite beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one of my favorite locals... Keith's just came out with Ambrosia Blonde from their Brewmaster's special line, its pretty decent. Il review it at a later time but you should give it a try if you find it around.

    ReplyDelete