Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Journey Starts

I have been drinking beer since I was 19 (*cough* 15). At the time I did not enjoy the taste whatsoever and was not exactly my drink of choice but at that age you'd drink whatever will get you drunk. Little did I know how much I would come to enjoy the refreshing taste of beer. Once I reached college, beer become much more the "manly" drink of choice, I got use to the taste and started getting into different types of beer.

Nowadays I have found myself enjoying trying many different type of beer from all over the world as well as the different types of beer I can find locally. So one day my friend and got to talking about this guy he knows who set out a goal to travel and try different types of beer around the world. He suggested since I am into trying different beer to try something similar. Thus the idea was born; Try 1 000 different types of beers from around the world and list them, blog them, review them. Now I must warn you that I am far from a professional beer reviewer or critic but more of a personal opinion of the beer. There will definetly be some learning along the way as well.

So I hope you join me on this adventure, I will be updating it as I try new beer and get time to update.

I have a list of beer I have already tried before starting this blog, I may review them again in the future but for now here they are:

Beer dank before 8/20/2010

  1. Keith's India Pale Ale*
  2. Keith's Red Amber Ale*
  3. Keith's Traditional Lager*
  4. Keith's Dark*
  5. Coors Light
  6. Budweiser
  7. Bud Light
  8. Bud Light Lime
  9. Rickard's Red
  10. Rickards Dark
  11. Propeller Bitter*
  12. Keystone
  13. Molson Canadian
  14. Molson Cold Shot 6.0
  15. Moosehead Dry ice
  16. Alpine Lager
  17. Miller Genuine
  18. Sleeman Cream Ale
  19. Strongbow England Cider - England*
  20. Fischer Traditional - France
  21. Old Speckled Hen - UK
  22. Red Stripe Lager - Jamaica*
  23. Guinness Stout* - Ireland
  24. Samuel Adams Lager
  25. Heineken Pilsner - Netherlands
  26. Stella Artois Lager - Belgium
  27. Corona Lager - Mexico
  28. Dos Equis - Mexio
  29. Sapporo - Japan



* = Recommended

3 comments:

  1. just found your blog via the propellor brewery facebook page. fyi - Guinness is NOT a German beer (as listed in #23 above), it's brewed in Ireland. and technically, cider is not beer (ie. Strongbow).

    there's a TONNE of fabulous local beers in nova scotia (propellor, granite, garrison, and sea level breweries; and rogue's roost, rock bottom, and hart and thistle brew pubs). keep checking out the great beers from these places. i'll never really drink mass-produced canadian beer again, now that i've found some tasty microbrews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JenP Thanks for the comment, I must have missed this some time ago. Thanks so much for the input, I definitely did screw up there and while I do agree cider isn't beer I'm going to leave it up there for now. Maybe Il have to make it to 1001 =)

    If you've checked out my blog lately there are so many great craft beer ive been able to try out lately and drinking macrobrews now have such a diffrent (bad) taste (or lack there of) to them. Cheer again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. once you go craft-beer, you can never go back :)

    ReplyDelete